Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Father

I'm back from jail.

Back to my own sad little world.

Portsmouth...my hometown.

This place. Why this place.

Maybe I should just let Grey have this town.

Let it burn to the ground.

Wouldn't that be justice?

This place is a horrible town to live in.

Or city. Whatever.

I can't tell if this place is too small or too big sometimes.

This place is three things at once, isn't it?

Suburban. Urban. Rural.

Yep. Sounds about right.

My (step)grandfather is the oldest servicing police officer in the entire force.

He's retiring in April.

How could he stand those nights watching over this pathetic, crime infested place?

Maybe this place is the perfect comparison to Grey.

In between everything.

Oldetown. The oldest part of this city.

Basically a shitload of colonial-style buildings.

They've been there forever.

When will they fall down?

Nothing stands forever.

Everything falls apart eventually.

I used to pray every night.

I'm praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment