Monday, October 17, 2011

I thirst.

Keil and Andrew both have a marking now.

Keil was marked during the night. He was stirred awake at around eleven by a strange noise. Curious, he explored around...before he knew it, he was suddenly in a jungle-like environment. In front of him, he came to see the same thing Luca and I had seen. He stepped inside of the circle by his own accord, was marked, and then found himself right back in his bed.

He is number 6.

Andrew was marked this morning. He was already up and out of bed...he was feeding his cat. Next thing he knows, though, he's in the forest, alone. Instead of walking into the circle like Keil and I did, he tries running away, in a panic. The Slender Man was there though,...and basically scared Andrew into the circle. Next thing Andrew knows, he's branded with a number, and he's back in his kitchen.

He is number 2.

Will everyone in the 757 get a number? What is that forest? Where is that forest? Why is that forest?

Bah. Too many questions. I need answers, and soon. This is just ridiculous.

 A woman contacted The 757 today, requiring us to investigate her small house out in Suffolk. We basically made our first house call today, actually. She had reported that ever since a few weeks ago, she had been hearing strange noises, seeing some apparition in a robe with a mask on outside of her windows, and the house was constantly cold.

It had to be connected to The Dying Man...I don't believe in ghosts, anyways.

We all drove out there around 5...was a nightmare though.

First of all, no one wanted to fucking get up. No one wanted to get around to doing the actual work.

Second was the fact that Keil's car broke down, so I had to drive all the way to Norfolk to pick him up.

Finally, we all almost got lost. Luca fortunately found the house.

The lady was very small, and had a mousy face. Black circles marked around her eyes, and she kept stuttering. She was obviously distraught, and she could barely say an entire sentence without her voice breaking.

She didn't need to say a thing. We were ready for this...or at least, I was. I felt something in me awaken today. When she opened that door and started explaining, I just knew what to do, without any prior experience, too.

I told the others to get ready...I then walked into the house, and they followed closely behind me. I felt almost as if I was a puppet to some other force at this moment...like something else was leading me.

I felt like I was on strings, almost.

I led everyone to the back wall of the kitchen. The wall was made up of brick. Near the floor, on the second line up of the bricks, there was one brick loose. I kicked at it, and it fell out of the wall.

In the tiny square space, sat a thick, but small, wooden cross. Specks of bloodstains marked across it.

I picked it up, and instantly, everything changed.

I wasn't in the kitchen anymore. I was in a forest clearing. On the other side of the clearing, there were men in weird looking clothing, running out into the field. I,...I don't know why, but I ducked to the ground, and crawled into a thick patch of the grass.

A tree stood about ten feet away from where I was. It was the only tree in the entire clearing. Its wood was dark, its branches were long, its shadow foreboding. It seemed...wrong, somehow. Warped.

No, that isn't right. The entire clearing felt wrong. It felt...surreal. It felt weird. It just...I don't know. It was wrong, and that's all I can use to describe what I felt.

The men had been running out towards me. They were now in front of the tree. They were both wearing weird clothes. Both men were wearing an unlined coat, and breeches. They had weird buckled shoes on, and both wore funny looking hats, with three points. They looked as if they were from the 18th century.

The look on their faces, I will never forget. Both were in an extreme panic. They did not want to be in this clearing, for some reason. What was wrong here...

And then they began to speak, and I knew I wasn't in normal ol' Virginia. I wasn't in some history reenactment. I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't hallucinating. Their accents and speech patterns were too unique for something as simple as a dream to replicate. I wasn't in the twentieth century.

I was somewhen else.

The shorter, stockier of the men started to speak.

"By God, we need to fly soon, William. I can hear the savages singing blood in the forest. They are aware this area is forbidden to mortals. Us men should know that too. We're going to perish here...!!"

William sighs, and with a bit of an obviously annoyed tone, says:

"No. This needs to be put to rest tonight. If we wait another cycle, -he- will be far too strong to destroy."

This seemingly silenced the shorter man. William looked around the clearing quickly, and though my head was completely uncovered among the reeds of grass, he did not see me. In fact, he looked right on through me. Was he ignoring me...?

He tugged at something around his neck...a necklace? He pulled it up from over his head, and placed the object against the trunk of the tree.

It was a wooden cross...it was the wooden cross. The one I had just been holding...

The tree started to shake, and the shorter stockier man gasped out in terror. William just stood there, and stared intently into the bark of the tree. The tree's brown color drained away, and a sick metallic Grey took over. The air distorted around the tree. An anguished scream sounded off away in the distance.

"William!! The forest is coming alive!! The Devils are dancing, Wiliam, we need to flee!!"

"SILENCE YOURSELF. Fight off your Demons!!
Do not let your bright become too slight to hold back all this dark!!"

"William, you've grown mad! We can't fight back against this hallowed Ear-"

The cries of William's friend were silenced when a pitch black wire pierced straight through his throat.

Black strings, or tentacles, or wire, whatever, slithered around the tree. I could not find the source of the strings. The strings tugged at the man's body, and pulled him into the writhing tentacles.

William did not look back. He did not desire to. He was not afraid. Why was that?

A voice. A slimy, greasy voice, and yet seductive at the very same time, chided William.

"Lo, William! You posses the knowledge to know not to challenge me!! This is my forest. This is my land. This is my world.. I warned you earlier that you may not settle here, but you did not open your ears.

I am the King here. And you were my horse. I let you live; I regret doing that now."

"You did not let me li-"

A wire plunges into the tree bark next to William.

"Stay your tongue. I have no desire to listen to your delusional fantasies. I am a God. What do you have, William, against me?"

"I have Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. I have my faith. He is my King. You are not."

A shadow walks up from behind the tree. William does not notice; he keeps his eyes set on the wood. The glow of the Grey wood casts light on the shadow,...it is a skeleton in a robe. He is Death.

Death puts a hand on William's shoulder.

"You cannot fight back against your Demons, William. Not when I'm in control. You may have God one day, and maybe God will have you too. But today, you're with me. Today, I have you. All you have is pain today. Are you not weary of the sermons? Are you not weary of the unanswered questions? I can give you everything you want. Just empty your vessel and let. me. in.

"Never-"

William finally turns around, and swats Death's hand away. In his right hand, he holds the cross, and points it directly into Death's face.

Death backs away for a moment, and the tendrils retreat.

William holds the cross high, and recites:
  Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.
 He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass.
Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:
Fire, and hail; snow, and vapours; stormy wind fulfilling his word:
Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars:
Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl:
Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth:
Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children:

Let them praise the name of the LORD: 
for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.
 He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him.
 Praise ye the LORD.
 With each impending paragraph, Death shrunk back, and hissed at William.
With each paragraph, Death became more alive with anger.

The tendrils wrapped around Death, and he grew. Fifteen seconds later, a monster towered over William. A monster at least 30 feet tall. The monster was situated on the opposite side of the clearing from me, so I did not have to worry at that moment about being caught by it. It was almost completely composed of the wiry tendrils. It was in the shape of a dragon with grand wings and gigantic claws. Everything was made up of the wires, except for the facial area. There, what seemed to be a dragon's skull, sat upon it. It was like a mask. Under it, eyes of a color my eyes could not identify shone like dying stars on a city skyline.

The monster does not say anything...he doesn't have to. Almost in a telepathic way, he communicates.

"Your savior has no dominion here. You will die in the darkness. You will sink alone."

"I will never be alone. Not when my Father is there for me in the darkness...like he always is."

It chuckles at this. It forgoes the telepathy, and in a growling voice that could shatter mountains, it says:
"You’re so good at talking smack, you heart attack.
But you're the apple of my eye anyway."
William utters a sound that I identified as confusion, and then the Monster lunged at him.

Before I could see the result, I was awakened by cold water crashing onto my face. I was back in the kitchen of that woman's house. Luca and Markus stood over me, and started grinning when I looked up.  

"What happened...?" I asked.

Patrick filled me in. Apparently, I had fainted after touching the cross. I had only been out for at least half a minute. The woman was on the verge of calling an ambulance, because they were afraid that I was dying or something.

The wooden cross had disappeared. I dropped it after fainting, and no one saw where it went.

After that, we had to leave. There was nothing more we could do. We told the lady we would come back and revisit the location on a later date. 

I have not told anyone, including Norman/The Old Man, about what happened. They will see it on the blog if they decide to check it out, I guess.

 I do not want to talk about it right now anyways.

Home again, as always. Wondering. Confused. Alone.

Read some Bible passages for an hour or so. Tired. Time to go to bed. 

Who is William.

No comments:

Post a Comment